Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
- Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings, your neck with strings of jewels. (1:10)
- How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves. (1:15).
- Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens. (2:2)
- Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Mount Gilead. (4:1)
- Your teeth are like a flock of sheep just shorn, coming up from the washing. Each has its twin; not one of them is alone. (4:2).
- Your lips are like a scarlet ribbon; your mouth is lovely. Your temples behind your veil are like the halves of a pomegranate. (4:3)
- Your neck is like the tower of David built with elegance (4:4)
- Your two breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies. (4:5)
- Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb my bride; milk and honey are under your tongue (4:11)
- How beautiful your sandaled feet, (7:1)
- Your graceful legs are like jewels, the work of a craftsman’s hands. (7:1)
- Your waist is a mound of wheat encircled by lilies. (7:2)
- All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you. (4:7)
Monday, March 14, 2011
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me!
Underneath me, all around me, is the current of Thy love
Leading onward, leading homeward to Thy glorious rest above!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, spread His praise from shore to shore!
How He loveth, ever loveth, changeth never, nevermore!
How He watches o’er His loved ones, died to call them all His own;
How for them He intercedeth, watcheth o’er them from the throne!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, love of every love the best!
’Tis an ocean full of blessing, ’tis a haven giving rest!
O the deep, deep love of Jesus, ’tis a heaven of heavens to me;
And it lifts me up to glory, for it lifts me up to Thee!
Here is Love
Here is love, vast as the ocean
Lovingkindness as the flood
When the Prince of Life, our Ransom
Shed for us His precious blood
Who His love will not remember?
Who can cease to sing His praise?
He can never be forgotten
Throughout Heav'n's eternal days
On the mount of crucifixion
Fountains opened deep and wide
Through the floodgates of God's mercy
Flowed a vast a gracious tide
Grace and love, like mighty rivers
Poured incessant from above
And Heav'n's peace and perfect justice
Kissed a guilty world in love
No love is higher, no love is wider
No love is deeper, no love is truer
No love is higher, no love is wider
No love is like Your love, o Lord
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Lean not on your own understanding
In all, all of your ways
He'll make your path straight
You'll be my guide for life
I'll walk by Your side
With Your hand in mine
I'll go where You lead me
My eyes can only see
The ground beneath my feet
Your dreams are greater
Your ways are higher
O Lord please show me
Bless my thoughts
My dreams my imaginations
Step by step
Your delight, Your creation
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Beethoven's music teacher once told him that he was a hopeless composer.
Abraham Lincoln campaigned for a seat in the Illinois General Assembly and failed. He then opened a general store which failed after only a few months.
Walt Disney was fired by the editor of a newspaper for lacking creativity.
The Ford Motor Company was Henry Ford's third business. The first two didn't work out.
A teacher told Thomas Edison that he was too stupid to learn anything.
Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times.
Now even those people that were considered failures went to prove that they were quite the opposite--they all became famous for their great successes in life! Shouldn't that give us even more hope as children of the King of Kings that even through our failures, He will work it all out for good! Romans 8:28 came back up in this devotional and it is becoming another one of my favorite verses.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"
God promises that He WILL work everything out for our good when we love and obey Him and His will for our lives--even our worst failures in life! Now that is something we can praise the Lord for!
**And just an update on how God has provided for me over the past few weeks:
1) He allowed my old flute to sell on Amazon providing me with $270 for bills!
2) He provided me with my driver's permit on Saturday and I have been doing well!
3) He is going to provide me with $650+ in tax returns
4) He allowed me to take my two business classes during the fall and spring of next year (independent study) in order that I can graduate next year!
5) He provided me with a summer internship at Something Better, Inc. with Margaret Mantel
He really is doing so much in my life and providing greatly!!! I'm excited for my present and future and my #1 desire is to love God, serve Him and let His light shine from my life!