Beethoven's music teacher once told him that he was a hopeless composer.
Abraham Lincoln campaigned for a seat in the Illinois General Assembly and failed. He then opened a general store which failed after only a few months.
Walt Disney was fired by the editor of a newspaper for lacking creativity.
The Ford Motor Company was Henry Ford's third business. The first two didn't work out.
A teacher told Thomas Edison that he was too stupid to learn anything.
Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times.
Now even those people that were considered failures went to prove that they were quite the opposite--they all became famous for their great successes in life! Shouldn't that give us even more hope as children of the King of Kings that even through our failures, He will work it all out for good! Romans 8:28 came back up in this devotional and it is becoming another one of my favorite verses.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose"
God promises that He WILL work everything out for our good when we love and obey Him and His will for our lives--even our worst failures in life! Now that is something we can praise the Lord for!
**And just an update on how God has provided for me over the past few weeks:
1) He allowed my old flute to sell on Amazon providing me with $270 for bills!
2) He provided me with my driver's permit on Saturday and I have been doing well!
3) He is going to provide me with $650+ in tax returns
4) He allowed me to take my two business classes during the fall and spring of next year (independent study) in order that I can graduate next year!
5) He provided me with a summer internship at Something Better, Inc. with Margaret Mantel
He really is doing so much in my life and providing greatly!!! I'm excited for my present and future and my #1 desire is to love God, serve Him and let His light shine from my life!