Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Some Through the Waters, Some Through the Floods...

Isaiah 43:2, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."

God Leads Us Along

In shady, green pastures, so rich and so sweet,
God leads His dear children along;
Where the water’s cool flow bathes the weary one’s feet,
God leads His dear children along.

Refrain

Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long.

Sometimes on the mount where the sun shines so bright,
God leads His dear children along;
Sometimes in the valley, in darkest of night,
God leads His dear children along.

Refrain

Though sorrows befall us and evils oppose,
God leads His dear children along;
Through grace we can conquer, defeat all our foes,
God leads His dear children along.

Refrain

Away from the mire, and away from the clay,
God leads His dear children along;
Away up in glory, eternity’s day,
God leads His dear children along.

This past semester has definitely felt like I've gone through the floods, but God has been faithful in my life as always! This entire semester has been rough and has left a ton of room for growing closer to my God! I am thankful that the semester is now drawing to and end with only 8 days left until I go home for Christmas break. I have been drained physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually throughout this time--yet writing this right now I feel great joy and contentment with God and my life. He truly has blessed me beyond measure and I can never thank Him enough! Classes have been hard and draining, work tedious, losing friendships, need a new job next semester if I want good hours, migraines started again, found out I had carpal tunnel (in both wrists) and it only seems to be getting worse instead of better--and then the big situation I had to work through (and am still working through a little) is the truth of my dad's death which was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with! There have been a lot of times this semester that I asked God, why? And, I believe it's okay to ask Him that question sometimes...life can be hard.

But, amidst all those trials, "floods", I have been able to be blessed considerably by friends and family. My hard and draining classes--God have me strength and friends to help me get through. My tedious work--God has provided me with amazing women to work with to keep me sane :) Losing a friendship--God has kept me from getting into trouble through his influence and has blessed me with much more amazing friends. Needing a new job next semester--though I do not have one yet, I have the assurance that God does provide and will work it out for good. My migraines starting up again--God has allowed these at times when I needed that extra rest and by God's grace they go away after a little nap! Getting carpal tunnel in my wrists--this has allowed me to trust completely in God to take care of me...and I know he will! Then my situation with the truth about my dad's death--God has given me the most amazing friends that have talked with me and helped me get through the situation and has also given me the strength to put all my trust and dependence in God...I have definitely gotten closer to God in these past few weeks! Praise The Lord!

We all have so many things going on in our life that probably seem too hard to handle and are out of our control, but there are things in every situation that we can praise God for through them! I cannot imagine trying to get through each of these without God's hand there to lead me along and His strength, protection and provision through each and every one of them. We serve a great and mighty God--we need to be praising Him every day for all He gives and does in and through our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment