Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

God Will Provide...

Today's devotional was by Mary Southerland, from Girlfriends in God. The devotional was entitled, "Greed Stinks!" and it really made me think and realize about how ungrateful I really am! God has provided for me and brought me through so many trials and I rarely just take the time to thank Him and give Him the praise that He deserves. It's been great to see Him provide all my college bills thus far and I know that He will continue to do so as long as I'm following His will for my life (which is my desire and I believe that the track I am taking right now is God's will for me!). He's provided me with great friends and family. Two great churches that I can attend and be actively involved in ministries there. An amazing college that has great professors who care about each one of us and will help whenever and however they can if needed. Not many college students can say that they have a relationship, a friendship, with their professors other than the student/professor relationship but at BBC they really invest time in each student and I praise God for allowing to go to such a college. I really need to learn to be content with what I have and what God has provided for me. He's blessed me beyond measure and I sometimes take that for granted and start complaining about what I don't have! May I learn to be more grateful for the life and things and people God has put into my life.

I also just have to say that today in chapel was our Praise Chapel...it was so encouraging and uplifting. The focus was to praise God for what He has done and how He has worked in lives and to hear some of the testimonies given was so encouraging. There are people that are going through rough times yet they have complete joy and happiness in God. They praise Him and you can just see God reflecting from their lives. It's definitely an encouragement to me for when I am going through something! Praise God for how he is working at BBC and in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment