Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meeting the Man of Your Dreams...

I get my devotionals sent to me daily from a website called, Girlfriends in God. The three ladies that write the devotionals, Sharon Jaynes, Gwen Smith, and Mary Southerland, have really challenged me on several occasions. Today's devotional was by Sharon Jaynes and it was called "Meeting the Man of Your Dreams" (http://girlfriendsingod.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97). I know I worry a lot in my personal life about whether or not I will ever find the Mr. Right...the man of my dreams. Reading this made me realize, I already found Him! He gives me eternal life. He walks on water. He's PERFECT! He shines like the sun. He will never leave me. He is a Prince! He died for me. He knows the desires of my heart. He opens the door. He loves me! (Isaiah 62:5). I know I may still struggle with the fact that I am single at times, but I will be able to remember that God is my first love...the man of my dreams! What an encouragement and comfort! As for waiting for my "earthly" Mr. Right...it's something I will have to trust and have faith in God that He knows who's best for me and when the best time is for me to meet that special person! I pray that God grants me patience and understanding between now and then.

Well, I've officially started my junior year at Baptist Bible College and it is going to be very busy. I'm really going to have to rely on God to get me through this semester. It is not going to be easy with 18 credit hours and 11 work hours plus homework...then to fit in a social life! But I am going to live this semester in prayer! I am really excited to see what God has to teach me this year in my Bible classes! My one desire is to be a woman after God's own heart and I still have a ways to go but I'm growing each and every day and for that I am very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment